FRT provides highly-targeted information, tools and strategies to help traditional first responders (law enforcement, hospital and emergency personnel) more effectively recognize and work with persons with autism and other developmental disabilities on the job, in the community, and most importantly, in emergency situations. FRT includes:
- Pre and Post Testing for maximum retention of critical information
- Interactive Exercises to discuss common communication challenges and typical behaviors
- Understanding Sensory Processing Issues: Tips and exercises that help first responders understand the visual, aural and tactile sensory response issues persons with ASDs may experience
- De-escalation Strategies to keep everyone calm, cooperative and most importantly, SAFE
- Field Reference Cards provide first responders with a quick list of the common communication challenges and behaviors, which can be kept on them at all times while on the job
- Training Guide for use during and after training
FRT can be delivered in 1-4 hour trainings, or during shift briefings, training seminars, and in-service meetings with various connected agencies.